Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
5. Use a separate double-spaced page for each prompt below (about 250 words per page).
- What are the three parts of the cell theory?
- Describe the nucleus and the function of each of its components, including the nuclear envelope, chromatin, chromosomes, DNA, and the nucleolus.
- What are the functions of mitochondria and chloroplasts? Why do scientists believe that these organelles arose from prokaryotic cells?
- What is the function of ribosomes? Where in the cell are they found? Are the limited to eukaryotic cells?
- Describe the structure and function of the endoplasmic reticulum and the Golgi Apparatus and how they work together.
- How are lysosomes formed? What is their function?