Appraisal Synopsis 2 (AS 2) Qualitative Research Article:
Parents’ Wishes for What They Had or Had Not Done and Their Coping After Their Infant’s or Child’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit/Pediatric Intensive Care Unit/Emergency Department Death
1) Read thearticle.
2) Critically appraise the article using the following components:
Components of Appraisal Synopsis
- What was the purpose of the study (research questions, purposes, and hypotheses)?
- What was the study design?
- How was the sample obtained?
- What inclusion or exclusion criteria were used?
- Who from the sample actually participated or contributed data? Was the sample size adequate? Explain.
- What methods were used to collect data (e.g. sequence of events, timing, types of data, and measures)?
- Was an intervention /treatment/clinical protocol tested? Explain.
- What data analysis methods were used?
- What were the main findings of this study?
- Was this a credible study? Why? Why not?
3) Write a 3-page narrative plus the title, abstract (for your written paper), and reference page. Use APA format. Review sample on Canvas.
- Title page
- Heading: Purpose
- Heading: Methods
- Subheading: Study Design
- Subheading: Sample/Sampling Methods
- Subheading: Instruments/Measurements/Tools
- Subheading: Data Analysis
- Heading: Major Findings
- Heading: Credibility
- Reference page