Find a dietary assessment tool that can be used either generally or for a specific alteration in health. You can use your favorite search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo Search, AltaVista, to name a few). You may find the tool on a governmental data base, being used by an organization or facility, or in a journals and registries. You may decide to select a general tool or one that you can include in your course project for the disease selected.
When you have found your assessment tool, evaluate its effectiveness by answering the following questions.
- What is the purpose of this tool?
- Do you believe that the purpose is fulfilled based on the questions being asked? Why?
- In what ways does the tool account for the individual perceptions and needs of the client?
- Is there a nutritional history included? What does it cover?
- Is the tool easy to use? Why or why not.
- Does the tool provide enough information to determine next steps or interventions? Explain.
The writing assignment should be no more than 2 pages and APA Editorial Format must be used for citations and references used. Attach a copy of the assessment tool.