Consider the multidisciplinary interactions of biological and social sciences as presented in Chapter 2 of Global Public Health. With this in mind, perform an analysis of the information delivered in this episode about the future that our children face and how we can build healthier communities for them, as discussed in the text.
Episode Two – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnFdnmX3jGs
Watch the video and look at the suggestions there for improving health in your own community. Once you are satisfied with your review of the episode, write an essay that addresses the following questions:
- Begin by summarizing the episode in 100 words or less.
- Relate the information from this episode to what you learned in Chapters 1 and 2 of your textbook, Global Public Health. What specific public health disciplines mentioned in Chapter 2 of your textbook are related to the information presented in the video and why?
- Critique the information. Do you feel that the information presented is valid and easy to understand?
- What information does the episode offer about public health problems? Consider, for example: whether it provides details on how public health can be characterized and measured; and whether it describes common hazards and afflictions affecting modern Americans and American communities.
- What information does the episode offer about the nature of communities? Consider whether it provides details on how communities may be altered to improve public health.
- What information was missing from the episode? How could the content be improved? What would you like to see in future episodes?
- Write a 2- to 3-page paper of about 1,500 words, not including the title and reference pages, which are required.
- The paper must be formatted correctly using APA style. Remember, all research material used in your paper must be paraphrased and include an in-text citation.
- Your paper must be properly cited and formatted according to APA Requirements.
- This is an individual paper; however, you should reflect on our Discussion Forums and incorporate ideas from there, as appropriate.
- Be sure you utilize your text appropriately as a reference and cite at least one other credible external reference such as a website or journal article to support your proposed resolution of the case.
- Turn the paper in via the Submissions Folder.