Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
A practitioner article tends to be shorter in length than a scholarly article on a specific topic providing trends and reports on the industry versus research findings. It is usually written by a practitioner or specialty journalist as a short news item and is usually reviewed by a single editor.
Locate and provide an example of both a good and a poor practitioner article in your area of interest, and describe the strengths and weaknesses of each article. Based on your analysis, discuss the following:
- What made this dissertation a good or bad paper? Support your response.
- What would you do to improve upon each of the articles?
- Describe how the good article could be used by yourself or someone else in practice.
- Provide the URL link to the article so your peers and the instructor can read it.
Example of Article Citation for the Assignment
- Disaster Management: Lettieri, E., Masella, C., & Radaelli, G. (2009). Disaster management: Findings from a systematic review. Disaster Prevention and Management, 18(2), 117–136. doi: 10.1108/09653560910953207 ABI/INFORM
- Interpersonal Trust: Lewicki, R. J., Tomlinson, E. C., & Gillespie, N. (2006). Models of interpersonal trust development: Theoretical approaches, empirical evidence, and future directions. Journal of Management, 32(6), 991–1022. Doctoral Library-SAGE
- Organizational Justice/Fairness: Colquitt, J. A., Conlon, D. E., Wesson, M. J., Porter, C. O. L. H., & Ng, K. Y. (2001). Justice at the millennium: A meta-analytic review of 25 years of organizational justice research. Journal of Applied Psychology, 86, 425–445. LIBRARY