HSA 405 Week 10
· Use the Internet to research your state’s public health and hospital preparedness policies. Be prepared to discuss.
· Use the Internet to research the developments in preparedness policies for your state and at least two (2) federal public health agencies over recent years. Be prepared to discuss.
· Go to the Health Affairs Website and review three (3) current policy briefs from the 2013 listings, located at http://www.healthaffairs.org/healthpolicybriefs/archives.php. Be prepared to discuss.
“Public Health Preparedness” Please respond to the following:
My state is North Carolina ( Durham-Raleigh NC)
· From the first e-Activity, analyze the measures your state and local community have in place to prepare hospitals for two (2) different types of threats to public health. Question whether the design of these measures allows for the sufficient protection of the population in the face of an imminent threat. Justify your response.
· From the second e-Activity, examine two to three (2-3) changes to the preparedness policies of your chosen state and federal government agencies. Determine the significant social, political, or environmental factors that have influenced these changes. Provide support for your rationale.
“Policy Analysis” Please respond to the following:
· Compare and contrast the rational and political models of policy analysis. Debate the advantages of the model that you believe is most influential in policymaking. Support your rationale with two (2) specific examples of your chosen model’s influence.
· Suppose you are a health policy analyst for a government contracting agency that a local hospital has hired to complete a policy analysis. From the third e-Activity and your textbook, formulate the problem statement for one (1) of your chosen health policies. Then, outline two (2) additional key steps in the development of a policy analysis for your client.