Due Week 10 and worth 290 points
In March of 2017, Snap Inc. held their Initial Public Offering (IPO) on the New York Stock Exchange. The California-based company, creators of the popular “Snapchat” multimedia messaging app, announced their IPO in this press release. Using the Internet or Strayer Library, research Snap’s IPO and subsequent financial performance.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the possible valuation methods used to establish the Initial Public Offering (IPO) value of Snap stock, based on the valuation techniques studied in the course. Assess the potential challenges in the valuation and how such challenges can be minimized. Provide support for your response.
- Assess the performance of the stock within the first year of the public offering, indicating the primary drivers of the stock performance.
- Compare the Snap IPO to the Twitter IPO from 2013. Explain the similarities and differences in the initial issuance as well as subsequent stock performance.
- Assess the role of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in relation to the stock performance, suggesting how the person in that role may influence the performance of the stock and value to investors. Provide support for your suggestions.
- Evaluate the risk / reward position to an investor when purchasing stock during an initial public offering, indicating under what circumstances you would advise an investor to do so.
- Predict the stock price of Snapchat over the next five years, indicating the key drivers of the performance and the resulting impact to the stock price. Provide support for your prediction.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. You have access to Strayer University’s Online Library at https://research.strayer.edu and the iCampus University Library Research page at https://icampus.strayer.edu/library/research.