Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/topgsnkq/public_html/nursingvault.com/wp-content/themes/enfold/framework/php/function-set-avia-frontend.php on line 637
Use the following questions to help you formulate a reflection/response to Boroditsky’s article. Of course, you may also include ideas or concerns that most interest you.
- How would you answer the question that Boroditsky poses to her students: which cognitive faculty would you most hate to lose?
- Are languages merely tools for expressing thoughts, or do they actually shape our thoughts? What is your opinion? Provide some examples from your own experience for support.
- Notice how the author includes opposing viewpoints into her essay. Which opposing viewpoints do you find most convincing?
- respones in 500 words
- Reading:Attached Files:
- HOW DOES OUR LANGUAGE SHAPE THE WAY WE THINK Edge.org.pdf (311.962 KB) https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/blackboard.learn.xythos.prod/584b1d8497c84/34749321?response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%2A%3DUTF-8%27%27HOW%2520DOES%2520OUR%2520LANGUAGE%2520SHAPE%2520THE%2520WAY%2520WE%2520THINK%2520%2520%2520%2520Edge.org.pdf&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf&X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Date=20190913T142528Z&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Expires=21600&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAIL7WQYDOOHAZJGWQ%2F20190913%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Signature=d966fd57479855572302d332ea9164b9fb8b76bbe91d6257db3b8f0a47c4a848
- In this article Lera Boroditsky writes, “people who speak different languages do indeed think differently and that even flukes of grammar can profoundly affect how we see the world. Language is a uniquely human gift, central to our experience of being human. Appreciating its role in constructing our mental lives brings us one step closer to understanding the very nature of humanity.”
How does Language Shape the Way We Think?
By lera Boroditsky