Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/topgsnkq/public_html/nursingvault.com/wp-content/themes/enfold/framework/php/function-set-avia-frontend.php on line 637
Create a detailed, organized, unified technical solution given the scenario described below. The submission will be in a written format, with at least one diagram, and may include additional diagrams, charts or tables. The assignment is meant for students to enhance their mastery of the material and to provide a creative and realistic way in which to apply knowledge from this course.
Perfect Mastery (PM) has hired you as an IT consultant for their Windows network services infrastructure. PM is a new advertising firm, and they have hired staff, are established in two locations, and have a need to get their internal IT services configured. They have an IT staff, but they do not have the in-house expertise to address their current infrastructure needs.
You are required to supply PM with a solution which addresses the integration and configuration of their Active Directory updates. Cost is not a significant concern – PM wishes to implement the “right” solution to address their acquisition of a new company and its Active Directory forest which is comprised of a single domain. More specifically, PM is based out of Houston, TX and they have a Windows Server 2016 domain that is operating at the Windows Server 2016 functional level. They recently acquired Media Guru Group which is based out of Richmond, VA, which has a domain running Windows Server 2012 domain controllers.
There are several details about PM which will have an impact on your proposal:
· PM has restructured their organization they have a total of 110 employees in their Houston and Richmond sites. Each location the following departments:
· PM will have two sites, one in Houston, TX, and one in Richmond, VA.
· Executives (9 total with 5 in Houston, 4 in Richmond) – manage and run the company
· Accounts and Sales Department (30 employees with 15 in Houston and 15 in Richmond) – perform market research and maintain accounts
· Creative, Media and Production Department (49 employees in Houston) – advertising
· Human Resources and Finances (12 employees in Houston) – perform HR and financial duties
· IT (10 employees with 5 in Houston and 5 in Richmond) – manage IT for the company
· Networking equipment is already in place for both sites, which are separate Active Directory Domains.
· Security mechanisms (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection) will be handled separately, and there is no need to describe them.
· Some departments will want their data to remain private from other departments (e.g., Finances personnel will not want Production staff to see the company’s financial details). Your team may make assumptions about how data should be shared or kept private.
· Assumptions can be made regarding any information not included here; all assumptions should be identified, however.
There are specific requirements for the assignment: The final submission should contain at least 8 pages’ worth of text written by the student (not counting title page, images, diagrams, tables, or quotations), but may be longer, not to exceed approximately 12 pages’ worth of student-supplied text. (With the required diagram, and other images, title page, etc., the final submission may end up being more than 12 pages in length.) It must be double-spaced, have 1-inch margins, and use 12-point Times New Roman or 10-point Arial/Helvetica font. A title page is required.
· At least one diagram must be included (not counted towards the minimum length described above); this could be a diagram describing Active Directory components, DHCP/DNS design, or anything else that is worth displaying graphically to enhance the reader’s understanding of the proposal. Additional diagrams, images, or tables are welcome.
· The submission must cover all of the major topics outlined in the Topics to Cover section. Each choice should be explained with technical and business reasoning. The solution should be reasonably detailed. Additional topics may be covered as desired.
· The structure of the final submission is flexible; however, it should be organized logically and represent a single, unified solution. It is likely that the format will include separate sections for each of the topics required, as well as a summary.
· At least two non-textbook, non-LabSim, non-Wikipedia reference is required; preferably, this would be a “best practice” guide or content from Microsoft or an experienced provider of Microsoft solutions.
Be sure to properly quote or cite any sources used. APA format is required for in-text citations and the list of works cited at the end.
Topics to Cover
Your document should cover the content presented in the course. The outline below contains recommended points to cover. You are free to add other related information.
Describe the technical and business reasons for each choice, citing other resources as appropriate. The Windows Server 2016 operating system should be used for all aspects of the solution.
The topics include:
Active Directory Infrastructure
· Describe features of Windows Server 2016 that will allow OW to integrate the newly acquired company’s domain into their existing forest.
· How will Forest Functional Levels be implemented?
· How will cross-forest trusts be implemented?
· How will replication be handled?
Active Directory Certificate Services
· Will AD Certificate Services used in both domains need to be modified?
Active Directory Rights Management Services
· What use of AD Rights Management Services can be implemented?
Active Directory Federation Services
· AD Federation Services
· What forest/domain model should Fixing Windows LLC implement? What is the domain name?
· Where should the domain controllers be place? Should RODC be part of the consideration?
· FSMO Roles placement
· Plan for AD backup and recovery
· Is Group Policy needed?
· What settings might be considered via Group Policy?
Other Windows 2016 Server features:
· Will WEB APPLICATION PROXY (WAP) be utilized?