Evaluate the interdependence of paid and organic traffic strategies and their placement in the sales funnel.
You are currently an assistant to the national director of online marketing in the marketing department at Digital Market Makers, a national marketing firm with local offices across the nation.
The online marketing department is still relatively new. It has only been working as its own department for 6 months. Previously, the sales department handled all online marketing.
The national director, Rowan Jones, indicated that an understanding of the current sales funnel for the company would be useful for analysis. Rowan thinks it would assist in evaluating current marketing strategies being used.
Select a for-profit company that has a website and sells within multiple states. Ideally, select a company that is small-to-midsized. The company should have no more than 500 employees and the revenue (if known) should be less than $40 million.
Prepare an executive summary for Rowan Jones and the online marketing department personnel, which demonstrates where various digital marketing strategies fit in the sales funnel and how each works in tandem with others.
Be sure to include:
- A definition of what a sales funnel is and how it functions
- An explanation of the company sales funnel
- Identify distinct aspects of the organization’s web presence (i.e. Website, blog, social ads, email autoresponders…)
- Discuss how paid and organic traffic strategies play a role in the sales funnel
- Detail how each aspect will potentially have a positive impact on the sales funnel process
- Provide a specific recommendation for a paid traffic strategy
- Provide a specific recommendation for an organic traffic strategy