Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper on how an elementary school could overcome violence in the face of the media.
Incorporate the following public relations and public affairs and media elements specific to your organization’s critical event:
- Research actual critical events of violence in schools. Based on how the media handled other critical events, how would you expect the media to handle yours? What could your organization do to preserve its public integrity under this circumstance?
- What are the roles of public relations (PR) and public affairs (PA) in your critical event? At what point should the organization seek legal consultation when exploring PR and PA campaigns?
- Explain the public’s right to know versus personal privacy. What ethical questions emerge when considering organizational truth and public communication?
- Strategize for positive communication outcomes in press releases and press conferences. What significant elements must you include and exclude?
- Determine the possible impact of various media covering your organization’s critical event, such as public speeches, interviews, and electronic media. What are the risks, and how might your organization mitigate them? What are the most effective ways to use media in this critical event?
Include at least three academic sources.